People are embracing all sorts of ways to incorporate being healthy into their daily life. Science and nutrition experts have teamed up to create some life-changing products; what we know about how to treat our bodies is a continued topic of interest to the masses. Science and business have even brought us ionizers, devices that provide negative ion energy.
The Benefits of Negative Ions
Negative ions are oxygen atoms that come with an extra electron. They are the result of elements like sunlight, air, and water in natural environments. People who live by bodies of water or in areas that have frequent thunderstorms might be used to the ion-charged air surrounding them, silently benefitting their bodies.
Negative ion energy in the air combats against many forms of everyday airborne hazards like pet dander and cigarette smoke. These positively charged microbes and airborne bacteria practically put out a blinking sign attracting scores of these negative ions which neutralize the harmful aspects in the air. While some argue that many home settings won’t be able to support negatively charged ions in the air full time, the hot water from the shower is one example of a source that is run through an ionizer, making those hot steamy showers ion-healthy too. While the explanation of what makes negative ion energy is very scientific, the positive effects can be felt by anyone.
Some of the benefits of negative ion energy include:
- Mental clarity: thinking becomes clearer
- Immune and Respiratory: Ionizers are said to aid in improved function of your immune and respiratory systems
- Cleans air of microbes and bacteria
- Is said to create an overall calming effect in the atmosphere
- Serotonin balancing: negative ion energy is shown in some studies to aid in the balance of the brain’s serotonin levels
- Better rest and recharge: Improved serotonin levels are said to aid in mood and improve sleep
- Ionized air can help regulate proper breathing
- Blood Pressure: Regular time spent in an environment with negative Ion energy has been shown to decrease blood pressure
- Headaches and Nausea: Ionizers regulate the air and can alleviate recurring headaches
Ionizer technology continues to evolve. Along with improved engineering, companies are coming up with various pieces that may enhance home aesthetics. Ionizers are also no longer stationary with small portable versions that plug into a USB port and lights that can be plugged into any outlet like one at the office. Although negative ion energy is nothing new in nature, more and more people are investing in ionizers for home health and personal wellness.